Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thanks for the Support

Thank you everyone who donated to the computer project. We have risen all the money (over $1600) thanks to your generosity and will soon begin the fun part; actually fixing up the building and buying/installing the electrical system and computers. Hopefully it won’t take longer than 3 month since I am done in the middle of May. Plus I would like to have time to teach a few classes and organize some lesson plan ideas for the teacher to use after I leave.

In other news I spent 3 day in San Jose at the luxurious Crowne Plaza hotel for the Peace Corps Close of Service Conference. We basically learned about the administrative/medical procedures necessary to officially finish the PC and leave country. Sometimes I can't believe it's almost over.

The day after the conference my grandmother came and brought me on an 8 day all-inclusive tour around the country. We toured around San Jose and the local mountains then went to Tortugero, La Fortuna, and the JW Marriott south of Tamarindo. It was definitely the most luxurious week of my life.

We stayed only in 4 and 5 star hotels and were given what seemed to be an unlimited supply delicious food and drink. We were transported in a nice air conditioned tour bus and brought to all kinds of preplanned activities and adventures. I definitely saw what I guess you could call “the other side of Costa Rica.” Thanks Grammy if your reading this!

Anyway I’ll post some before, during and after pictures of the computer project once things get underway so keep posted.

1 comment:

Costa Rica white water rafting said...

Is Costa Rica a poor country? I don't think Costa Rica belongs to the 3rd world league of countries. But you (Peace Corp) were there or is that because of some civilian/government conflict? Well, anyway, I've been seeing alot of pictures about Costa Rica and it looks like a very beautiful country.